I am actually a very shy person when asked about my beliefs, mostly because they are still met with rolling eyes and questions about worshiping Satan, forcing people to fall in love with me via spells, and turning people into toads. Even though my face is clearly on the internet, and I have grown into using my birth name instead of a pseudonym, I feel somewhat comfortable and safe in exploring my faith.
For the longest time I kept my beliefs separate from my personal blog. It was a different part of my life, and I think that is part of the issue. I am what I am, and I am proud of what I am, for all the flack I get for putting the label on myself.
I am a Witch. Off the internet, when asked, I prefer to say that I am a Wiccan – I know quite a bit about the Wiccan faith, and feel comfortable with answering questions and being a part of debates and discussions revolving around the topic of what Wiccan’s believe. But I am not a Wiccan, I am not a Pagan – I am, most definitely, a Witch.
I enjoy exploring my own faith and learning more and more about the faiths of others. I sincerely believe that we are all on different paths up the same mountain, and the final destination – the top – will find us all smiling and greeting one another. I am very open minded, and very curious. So, I will be starting a special weekly spot for the exploration of my faith. Each post will have a specific topic, and I will discuss only that topic for that week.
The following prompts will the inspiration behind one post each week. I will keep the name as it is, because even though it will not be 31 consecutive days, it is still 31 days of my exploration of faith. I hope that this does not drive anyone away from reading my blog, but because this is my Lifeful Life, this is a part of it. I will not segregate the different aspects of myself any more. It is time I find balance, and the first step in that process in bringing all of my different facets together to create a single diamond.
- How did you discover your path?
- How long have you been practicing witchcraft?
- What kind of witch are you?
- What specific path/tradition do you follow?
- Do you have any ethnics or moral codes that you follow?
- Are you a Solitary witch or have you worked with others in a Coven?
- Do you practice divination? If so, what techniques?
- Would/Do you read for others? Why or why not?
- Do you believe in anything supernatural/paranormal?
- What are your beliefs on an Afterlife?
- Does your family and/or friends know you practice witchcraft?
- Do/Will you teach and practice witchcraft to your children?
- Matron Goddess [If you have one. If not, list goddesses that you favor]
- Patron God [If you have one. If not, list gods that you favor]
- Favorite pantheon [Group of gods]
- What are your Sun/Moon/Rising signs?
- What’s your Element?
- Favorite season?
- Favorite tree?
- Favorite flower?
- Favorite gem?
- Favorite color?
- Favorite animal?
- What’s your familiar?
- Favorite book on Witchcraft?
- Favorite website on Witchcraft?
- Famous witch that you favor?
- Favorite divination tool?
- Favorite altar tool?
- Do you have an altar?
- What phase is the Moon currently in?”
List of Prompts found at http://theladymarigold.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/working-around-the-clock/